Preparing for the fall/winter storage mode
- Secure and place outdoor items in shelter.
- Winterize your trailer prior to freezing temps and have your holding tank pumped.
- Remove items that will freeze in cupboards. Remove alcoholic beverages from the park.
- Defrost and clean your refrigerator, and place baking soda in it to absorb odors.
- Place moth balls under your trailer to deter critters. Put deacon or mouse proofer down to deter mice.
- Place golf carts in storage or affix to a stationary object or your second golf cart with chain and padlock to deter theft. A wheel can also be removed to deter theft. Disconnect batteries.
- Turn off your propane tanks. Have your propane tanks filled if you plan to visit in the winter months. Have a furnace technician check your furnace for proper operation.
- Have your watercraft winterized and place in storage. Outboard motors should be secured with chain and padlock.
- Contact your lawn service for fall leaf removal.
- Close vents, windows, and roll up awnings. Place pop-up campers in storage mode. Have a technician check around roof vents for proper weather seal.
- Turn off electric at the pedestal at the road.
- Place stabilizer gas treatment in golf carts, lawn mowers, watercraft and mopeds.
- Remove your boat dock from the lake and place it on your site. Boat docks may not be stored in the green area. Watercraft may not be stored on the beach or in the green areas. All boats must be removed from the lake by November 1st.
- Turn off your water at the water riser, disconnect and mark your water line.
- Remember to replace your smoke detector batteries before leaving this fall.
- Remember to turn off your thermostat before leaving this winter.
- Remove valuables and valuable items from your trailer for the winter months.
Place only dump vegetation and brush in the dump area. Please do not leave plastic bags in the leaf dump. Paper bags can be purchased at the Ranger Station or at the Member Service office.
If you have membership cards that you want to deactivate or delete from your membership, please take the time and stop at the Ranger Station to remove them from your site. Renewal notices will be sent out early next year. Contact Information: Please provide Sandy Pines with your current updated email, cell phone and winter address. Staff may have to contact you in regards to your site in the winter months and notification may be delayed if your contact information is not available or inaccurate.