Position filled! Thanks for your interest.
Sandy Pines Recreational Community
Who We Are
Sandy Pines is a seasonal member-owned recreational community, RV resort & campground 30 miles southwest of Grand Rapids. The resort encompasses 813 acres with Lake Monterey, a 216 acre private lake and an 18-hole golf course. There are 2,200 seasonal member sites including a 54 unit year round condo complex, campsites, cabins and seasonal park model rentals. We employ full time, year-round security, maintenance and administration staff, as well as full time seasonal recreation staff. Park amenities include a splash pad & water slide, ropes course, disc golf course, mini-golf, 3 remote control car tracks, lighted tennis courts, basketball courts, a baseball diamond, 13 heated bathroom & shower facilities and 3 heated outdoor pools. We are dedicated to providing a fun and safe environment where families and friends create a lifetime of memories.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for documentation for all permits; this includes filings for the Township permits and the issuance of park permits as required by the Rules.
- Responsible for the accurate surveying and staking of sites as required or requested.
- Responsible for inspecting and re-inspection when needed, all violations, this includes, but is not limited to: Heath Department, Permit Violations and Complaints of unsightly sites/lots, notifying Members of any Violations resulting from non-compliance to the Rules;
- Required to investigate all Variance Requests
- Required to fully document non-compliance violations as well as attend any/all Arbitration hearings as the Sandy Pines Representative, regardless whether the Inspector is requested to attend by the Arbitration Committee, or not;
- Attendance at Rules Committee Meetings as requested;
- Responsible for the organization and oversight of:
- Spring Member site cleanup and issuance of violations thereof, if and where required, with supporting documentation for any/all violations and notifications imposed.
- Accurate boat stake, and membership site boundary management
- All Inspector, permit, violation and official notification documentation
- Accurate record keeping of the Member files, relating to permits.
- Responsible to be an effective Manager of any personnel that the Inspector hires to assist in the ongoing tasks of the Inspector Department.
- Supervisory Chain of Command:
- The direct Supervisor of the Inspector shall be the Park President
- If the President is unavailable, the acting Supervisor shall be the CFO.
- In the event that (a) or (b) are not available, the Manager shall contact the Chairman of the Board.
- July 15, 2017
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Knowledge of Local and State Building, and Campground codes
- Map Reading, GPS Navigation skills and other technical tools and skills as required
- Two years of relevant experience
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, manage projects and prioritize tasks
- Able to work effectively as a team with numerous departments
- Problem solving and conflict resolution abilities
The Park Inspector will be directly responsible to the Park President for the functions and responsibilities listed below and other duties and responsibilities as may be delegated by the Park President from time to time.
This is a seasonal and part time position that requires 40 hours per week April 1 through October 30 and 12-20 hours per week November 1 through March 31. The pay rate is commensurate on experience. Benefits are not provided since this is a part time and seasonal position. We’d like to fill the position by November 1, 2018 but will hold off until March 1, 2019 to find right candidate for the position.