The Sandy Pines Fall Festival Yard Sale & Flea Market is a new event for members to enjoy the beautiful park colors and get in one more celebration before the snow flies. There are two components of the festival, the family friendly activities and the Yard Sale & Flea Market. The activities are held at the Flea Market Pavilion and the Yard Sale & Flea Market is held in the Flea Market Area. We had a good crowd for the inaugural event in 2017 and hope to continue the success to make this an annual staple on the event calendar.
We are in need of 10 volunteers to make this event possible. Help is needed with crafts, handing out cider & doughnuts, lining up kids for the wagon rides and more. If you are interested please contact the Recreation Department at 616-896-8318 or email@example.com.
- Yard Sale & Flea Market
- Cider & Donuts
- Kids Crafts (While supplies last)
- Wagon rides
*In case of inclement weather the family activities will be moved into the Phase 1 Indoor Pavilion.
Yard Sale & Flea Market
The Yard Sale and Flea Market will run just like our normal flea markets with just a few exceptions; spots will rent for $15 instead of $35, you’ll sign up for the spots online here instead of registering through your Member Web Access and your account will be billed after the event. Both Yard Sale and normal Flea Market vendors are welcome at the market!
Reservations close Friday, October 5th at 3:00 pm. Once closed, we’ll assign spots and post a map on the Member Service Door on the north side of the Administration building.
*If the Yard Sale & Flea Market portion of the event is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will not be charged for your reservation. You are still welcome to setup your Yard Sale or Flea Market spot if you are willing to deal with the weather.
Yard Sale & Market Details
- All spaces are only $15 each. You can reserve more than one space. If you reserve more than one space, your spaces will be reserved side by side.
- Register online for a garage sale on the entry form below or call Member Service at 616-896-8315.
- Spaces will be assigned randomly on a first come, first served basis. Unlike normal Flea Markets, you will not be able to reserve a certain spot. A map of assigned reservations will be posted on the Member Service door facing the Tee Pee Area at 4:00 pm the night before the event.
- Only Sandy Pines Members are able to reserve a garage sale spot. If you are reserving a space for a guest, you are responsible for that guest. All Guests must be registered by the member and must have a guest pass displayed in their vehicle.
- You can share a yard sale spot with another member but you’ll need to coordinate who will be registering and paying for the reservation.
- There are 116 spots available. Each space will be 10’x 20’ and will be marked.
- Spaces are available on a “first come” basis.
- The garage sale will run from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Setup opens at 7:00 a.m., the sale begins at 9:00 a.m.
- In case of inclement weather, the garage sale portion of the festival may be cancelled or rescheduled. The activities portion may be moved indoors, cancelled or rescheduled.
- If the yard sale portion of the event is cancelled to due to inclement weather, you will not be billed for the reservation.
- Items not complying with the Park rules,may not be sold. (i.e. fireworks, pets, animals, etc.)
- Unsold yard sale items must return with members or be discarded of properly. In the past nonprofit organizations collected unsold yard sale items but due to the fact that most of these types of items are hard for them to reuse or sell, we no longer have that option.
- You must have a food license to sell food.
- Please be patient and courteous with your fellow vendors.
- Vendors must park their vehicles at Maintenance or at their garage sale spot. Please do not park in office parking lots. Please do not block the Maintenance Garage Doors or Park & Garden Store Access or your vehicle may be towed.
- Dogs/pets are not allowed garage sales or markets