The Sandy Pines Fall Festival is a new event for members to enjoy the beautiful park colors and get in one more celebration before the snow flies. There are two components of the festival, the family friendly activities and the garage sale & market. The activities are held at the Flea Market Pavilion and the garage sale & market is held in the Flea Market Area. We had a good crowd for the inaugural event in 2017 and hope to continue the success to make this an annual staple on the event calendar.
Volunteers are needed to help setup and coordinate activities. If you are interested please contact Nikki Hoogewind at email@example.com
- Garage Sale & Flea Market
- Cider & Donuts
- Kids Crafts & Pumpkin Decorating (While supplies last)
- Wagon rides
- Full Circle Coffee Food Truck
*These activities were featured at our inaugural 2017 event. Plans are underway for 2018 and some of these details may change.
Garage Sale & Flea Market
The garage sale and market will run just like our normal flea markets with just a few exceptions; spots will rent for $15 instead of $35, you’ll sign up for the spots online here instead of registering through your member web access and your account will be billed after the event. If the garage sale & market portion of the event is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will not be billed for the event. Both garage sale and normal flea market vendors are welcome at the market!
Reservations close Friday, October 5th at 3:00 pm. Once closed, we’ll assign spots and post a map on the Member Service Door on the north side of the Administration building.
Garage Sale & Market Details
- All spaces are only $15 each. You can reserve more than one space. If you reserve more than one space, your spaces will be reserved side by side.
- Register online for a garage sale on the entry form below or call Member Service at 616-896-8315.
- Spaces will be assigned randomly on a first come, first served basis. Unlike normal Flea Markets, you will not be able to reserve a certain spot. A map of assigned reservations will be posted on the Member Service door facing the Tee Pee Area at 4:00 pm on Friday, October 6th.
- Only Sandy Pines Members are able to reserve a garage sale spot. If you are reserving a space for a guest, you are responsible for that guest. All Guests must be registered by the member and must have a guest pass displayed in their vehicle.
- You can share a garage sale spot with another member but you’ll need to coordinate who will be registering and paying for the reservation.
- There are 116 spots available. Each space will be 10’x 20’ and will be marked.
- Spaces are available on a “first come” basis.
- The garage sale will run from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Setup opens at 7:00 a.m., the sale begins at 9:00 a.m.
- In case of inclement weather, the garage sale portion of the festival may be cancelled or rescheduled. The activities portion may be moved indoors, cancelled or rescheduled.
- If the garage sale portion of the event is cancelled to due to inclement weather, you will not be billed for the reservation.
- Items not complying with the Park rules,may not be sold. (i.e. fireworks, pets, animals, etc.)
- Unsold garage sale items must return with members or be discarded of properly. In the past nonprofit organizations collected unsold garage sale items but due to the fact that most of these types of items are hard for them to reuse or sell, we no longer have that option.
- You must have a food license to sell food.
- Please be patient and courteous with your fellow vendors.
- Vendors must park their vehicles at Maintenance or at their garage sale spot. Please do not park in office parking lots. Please do not block the Maintenance Garage Doors or Park & Garden Store Access or your vehicle may be towed.
- Dogs/pets are not allowed garage sales or markets