Position filled! Thanks for your interest.
50th Anniversary Event Planner
Sandy Pines Recreational Community
Sandy Pines Recreational Community is seeking a professional Event Planner to coordinate our 50th Anniversary Celebration in July 2021. The event would be a three to four day family friendly celebration honoring the history for our park with live music, food, fireworks and events throughout the park.
Who We Are
Sandy Pines is a seasonal member-owned recreational community, RV resort & campground 30 miles southwest of Grand Rapids. The resort encompasses 813 acres with Lake Monterey, a 216 acre private lake and an 18-hole golf course. There are 2,200 seasonal member sites including a 54 unit year round condo complex, campsites, cabins and seasonal park model rentals. We employ full time, year-round security, maintenance and administration staff, as well as full time seasonal recreation staff. Park amenities include a splash pad & water slide, ropes course, disc golf course, mini-golf, 3 remote control car tracks, lighted tennis courts, basketball courts, a baseball diamond, 13 heated bathroom & shower facilities and 3 heated outdoor pools. We are dedicated to providing a fun and safe environment where families and friends create a lifetime of memories.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, manage, coordinate and execute our 50th Anniversary Celebration and associated events
- Manage our member planning subcommittee
- Assist with event branding and marketing
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Five years of professional event planning experience
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage and work effectively with a team
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Licensed and insured
- Strong interest in community, health and recreation
- Experience with family friendly events
- Knowledge of Sandy Pines Recreational Community
Pay, Structure & Timeline
This will be a contracted position that we plan fill by November 30th, 2018. We will then begin our long term plan for coordinating the event. The budget for the event will be discussed upon meeting for a consultation and estimate.
Please submit your cover letter and resume/qualifications online through our Indeed Job Posting. Please also attach a list of current clients, referrals and/or testimonials.